14th Annual Watershed Wide Event
Tryon Creek Watershed Council’s 14th Annual Watershed Wide Event
Join us in supporting the unique urban Tryon Creek watershed by volunteering to remove invasive plant species and plant native plants for Tryon Creek Watershed Council’s 14th Annual Watershed Wide Event on Saturday, March 11, 2023 from 9:00am – 12pm!
This is TCWC’s largest annual volunteer event! Join us afterwards for a group celebration with pizza – this is a fun chance to see and hear what all happened across the watershed and who with. The pizza party location will be a 2-9 minute drive from sites.
Sign up here – we will follow up with you with more information closer to the date!
Volunteer event locations (more information will be sent closer to the date):
– Tryon Creek State Natural Area
– Marshall Park
– Boonesferry Terrace Greenspace, near Riverdale High School
– Lake Oswego United Church of Christ
– Lake Oswego High School
– Lewis & Clark College (L&C students: sign up via Center for Social Change & Community Involvement)
– Park Creek/Squire Crest
– Mountain Park HOA (Arnold Creek headwaters)
– Tryon Life Community Farm
Note: Flexible volunteers are *super* helpful! Being able to send volunteers to the sites that need more people allows us to make similar impacts across all sites throughout the watershed. Thank you!
If you’d like to help out somehow other than hands-on weeding & planting (photography? coffee runs?) please reach out (email@example.com).
– Dress in layers for the weather (hats, close-toed shoes you can get muddy, etc.) and bring your own, full water bottle and snacks.
– We will email you a waiver that can be returned electronically in advance; some sites may require additional in-person waivers to be signed.
– Gloves and tools will be provided as needed; please consider bringing your own if you are able (tools will depend per site – we’ll email you details).
– Masks are welcomed, and please stay home if you have been exposed, are experiencing symptoms, and/or test positive for COVID-19 (& other illnesses).
Thank you!! We are always excited for this event and can’t wait to make a positive on-the-ground impact together!
Some photos from previous years’ Watershed Wide Events: