Join us in supporting the unique urban Tryon Creek watershed by volunteering to remove invasive plant species and plant native plants for Tryon Creek Watershed Council’s 13th Annual Watershed Wide Event on Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 9am-12pm!
This year, with continued COVID-19 precautions, we’ll be working in smaller groups and meeting directly at the work site; this event is still expected to be TCWC’s largest annual volunteer restoration opportunity for watershed stewards like you!
Please RSVP Here – we will follow up with you with more information closer to the date!
Work party sites (details are TBD, and more information sent closer to the date):
- Tryon Creek State Natural Area
- Marshall Park or Maricara Natural Area
- Jackson Middle School
- Boonesferry Terrace HOA
- Lake Oswego High School
- Lake Oswego United Church of Christ
- As usual, dress in layers for the weather (hats, close-toed shoes you can get muddy, etc.) and bring your own, full water bottle and snacks.
- We will email you a waiver that can be returned electronically in advance; some sites may require additional in-person waivers to be signed.
- COVID-19: Volunteers will be required to wear masks throughout the event and we will all practice physical distancing. Gloves and tools will be provided as needed, but please bring your own if you are able (tools will depend per site – we’ll email you details).
Thank you!! We are always excited for this event and can’t wait to make a positive on-the-ground impact together!
Many thanks to the Bureau of Environmental Services for funding our Watershed Wide Event.
Thanks also to our partners in this event: Bureau of Environmental Services, Portland Parks & Recreation, West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, Westside Watershed Resource Center, Friends of Tryon Creek, Oregon Parks & Recreation District, Oswego Lake Watershed Council, Lewis & Clark College’s Center for Social Change and Community Involvement, Lake Oswego United Church of Christ, Boonesferry Terrace HOA, Lake Oswego High School, Jackson Middle School